Wednesday, January 8, 2014

My Second Visit to Orcas Island

"My second visit to Orcas Island" is no doubt a curious way to begin a new blog.  You see, I have been here once before - but it is on this second visit that I am actually making the island my home. 

And what a home it is ... a one year rental, so I want to blog my time here and make every day of the next year a special one. 

This is a lovely, lodge-style house, very large with wooden beams in the ceiling and bamboo floors to quietly walk across - surrounded by tall, green pine and fir trees, and other trees whose names I have yet to discover.  Each of the windows of the house offers a different, breathtaking view and in the last few days I've often found myself asking:  What have I done to deserve this beauty?  Someone up there must really like me - thanks Mom, Dad, Andy, CO. 

From the side deck we have an incredible view of Mount Constitution - on sunny days it glistens like a large sparkling diamond; on rainy, overcast days the fog and clouds creep into the crevices and canyons, creating a mystical and awe-inspiring sight.  I can't wait to go hiking there - I imagine the views from the peak are equally impressive, if not more so.

The upstairs of the house has a lovely entryway (a circular styled front door that is supposed to be feng shui, but the word "hobbit" keeps going through my mind), a cook's delight of a kitchen, a laundry room, a large family room and dining room, guest bath, and master bedroom and bath.  Downstairs are two more bedrooms, a bathroom, laundry room, and an art studio!  Oh how I love that =)

Family Room and deck
 
Mount Constitution
 
Misty View

No comments:

Post a Comment